Kansas City Bathroom Remodeling (User Guide)
If you’re considering a bathroom remodel in Kansas City, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will provide all the information you need to make your decision, including a detailed overview of the different types of bathroom remodels, what to expect from the process, and how to find the right contractor for the job. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll know exactly what to do to get started on your new bathroom.
Planning Your Remodel
The first step in any successful remodel is planning. You’ll need to decide what type of remodel you want, what changes you want to make, and what your budget is. To help you get started, we’ve put together a few different sample plans for popular types of bathroom remodeling. Take a look and see which one feels right for you.
Full Remodel: If you’re starting from scratch, or if your current bathroom is in poor condition, a full remodel may be necessary. This type of remodel will involve gutting your existing bathroom and starting from scratch. Everything from the flooring and fixtures to the plumbing and electrical work will need to be replaced. Expect this type of remodel to take 4-6 weeks and cost $10,000-$20,000.
Partial Remodel: A partial remodel is a great option if your bathroom is in good condition but could use some updating. With this type of remodel, you can keep your existing flooring and fixtures but replace things like the vanity, countertops, light fixtures, etc. A partial remodel typically takes 2-3 weeks and costs $5,000-$10,000.
Cosmetic Updates: If your bathroom is in good condition and doesn’t need any major changes, then cosmetic updates may be all that’s needed. With this type of remodel, you can make small changes like painting the walls, changing out hardware or lighting fixtures, or adding new towels and decorations. Cosmetic updates can usually be done on a weekend and cost $500-$1,500.
Choosing Your Contractor
Once you’ve decided on the scope of your project, it’s time to find a contractor for the Kansas City Bathroom remodeling. When looking for a contractor, it’s important to choose someone who is experienced with bathroom remodels specifically. Ask for referrals from friends or family members who have recently had a bathroom remodel done, or check online review sites like Angie’s List or Home Advisor. Once you’ve found a few contractors you’re interested in working with, be sure to schedule consultations so that you can get an estimate of how much the project will cost.
1. Decide on a budget: The first step in any remodeling project is to determine how much you are willing to spend. This will help you narrow down your options and make sure that you stay within your budget. Keep in mind that bathroom remodels can vary greatly in price depending on the scope of work.
2. Select a style: Once you have determined your budget, it is time to start thinking about the style of your new bathroom. Do you want a traditional, modern, or rustic look? Look through magazines and websites for inspiration and take note of any features that you like.
3. Choose materials: Another important consideration for your bathroom remodel is the type of materials you will use. Do you want tile, laminate, or hardwood floors? What type of countertops would you like? Would you prefer ceramic or porcelain tiles for your shower or tub surround? These are all important decisions that need to be made before work can begin on your bathroom.
4. Schedule the work: Once you have selected a contractor, it is time to schedule the work. Bathroom remodels can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks depending on the scope of work. Be sure to communicate with your contractor about how long they think the project will take so that you can make arrangements accordingly.
5. Enjoy your new bathroom:: After all the hard work is done, it is time to sit back and enjoy your new bathroom! Take pride in knowing that you planned and executed your Kansas City bathroom remodel project from start to finish and revel in the results!
Bathroom remodels can range from simple cosmetic updates to complete gut jobs. No matter what type of remodel you’re considering, it’s important to plan ahead and choose a reputable contractor who has experience with bathroom remodeling specifically. By following these steps, you can be sure that your Kansas City bathroom remodeling will go off without a hitch.