Democratic Senator Van Hollen says he has left hospital after minor stroke -Breaking
[ad_1]
© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: Senator Chris Van Hollen questions Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen during the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee hearing titled “The Financial Stability Oversight Council Annual Report to Congress,” in Dirksen Senate OffiWASHINGTON (Reuters). – Democratic U.S. Chris Van Hollen, Senator of the United States said Sunday that he returned home from a minor stroke last week.
It’s great being home again after such a stressful week. “I’m thankful for the kind words of support and the care that I received from the team from GW,” Van Hollen wrote in a tweet (NYSE:).
Van Hollen, aged 63, said that he was experiencing lightheadedness with acute neck pains last Sunday.
Angiograms indicated that the stroke had caused a slight venous tear to the back of the head. He stated that it was temporary and that it will not have any long-term side effects.
Van Hollen announced this after John Fetterman of Pennsylvania, who is the most prominent Democratic candidate for the election to succeed retiring Republican U.S. Senator. Following a stroke, Senator Pat Toomey had to be admitted for observation.
[ad_2]
