Over 1,500 migrants in Mexico caravan regularized, government says -Breaking
[ad_1]

By Tamara Corro
JESUS CARRANZA (Mexico) – More than 1,500 migrants who set out from south Mexico to cross the border into the United States last month were issued papers by the Migration Authority on Tuesday. This allows them to legally stay in Mexico.
Since Oct. 23, the National Migration Institute of Mexico (INM) stated that it had issued 1,574 immigration cards to foreign nationals and made sure they were able to work in Mexico.
The caravan, which included many children and women, endured adverse weather conditions and was forced to abandon it by officials. It made steady progress through southern Mexico and moved onto the Gulf of Veracruz on Tuesday from Oaxaca.
Reuters witnesses estimate that up to 1,500 persons entered Veracruz. The number of caravan participants was estimated at around 2,000 by organizers.
The caravan had about 3,000 passengers when it left, although some reports have indicated that this number was higher.
The caravan arrived in Jesus Carranza, Veracruz’s border to Oaxaca.
Hector Martinez was a top INM official who denied authorities tried to stop the caravan from progress but urged members of its board to continue to Mexico with documentation.
People from Central America and the Caribbean make up the majority of the caravan, while others are looking to flee economic distress or other security issues in their countries.
The group’s organizers said that a second caravan could leave Tapachula, in the south of Mexico with additional Haitians on Thursday. Luis Garcia Villagran organizer said that Wednesday would determine whether or not to depart.
Fusion MediaFusion Media or any other person involved in the website will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on this information, including charts, buy/sell signals, and data. Trading the financial markets is among the most risky investment options. Please make sure you are fully aware of all the costs and risks involved.
[ad_2]
