Stock Groups

Michael Saylor says investing in MicroStrategy is closest you’ll get


MIAMI — MicroStrategyAlthough technically, the company is in enterprise software and cloud-based service business, CEO Michael Saylor claims that the publicly traded company doubles its value as the only one. bitcoinU.S. spot exchange-traded fund

Saylor stated that they are “kind of like your notexistent spot ETF,” during the Bitcoin 2022 conference, which took place in Miami.

The Securities and Exchange Commission only approves ETFs that track future bitcoin prices, and not the actual cryptocurrency. Commission has refused to greenlight any of the formal applications for a pure-play bitcoin-based ETF — a financial instrument that would give investors the chance to invest in bitcoin without having to go through the motions of signing up for an exchange, opening a crypto wallet, or dealing with any of the other logistics involved with buying and holding bitcoin.

Spot ETFs would require a fee of 1% and wouldn’t allow for leverage. MicroStrategy is a software company which generates cash flow. We then convert that cash into Bitcoin,” said Saylor. According to Saylor, the MicroStrategy bitcoin spot ETF yields an estimated 4%-5% tax-deferred return.

MicroStrategy launched in 1989 by Saylor and has been adding Bitcoin to its corporate balance sheets for the past two years. It now has spent close to $4 billionYou can acquire bitcoin for an average of $30,000.

Saylor does not plan to stop buying Bitcoin, which will further increase MicroStrategy’s exposure.

“Why should we stop? He said.

Saylor stated, “As cash flows are generated, we believe that it is the right thing for our shareholders to convert currency that is devaluing into an asset that is appreciating.” He also said that MicroStrategy does not diversify because he believes the company owes its shareholders consistency.

You would invest 2% in MicroStrategy to get 2% exposure to bitcoin. The remaining 98% could be invested in any other investment you choose. Their CEO should not be unpredictably and randomly.

Bitcoin-backed finance should be normalized

MicroStrategy’s first bitcoin addition to its balance sheet was in August 2020. It wasn’t a very popular move to make.

It was at the end of crypto winter, when the coin was still in its initial form. trading in the low $11,000 rangeMany institutional investors, as well as big Wall Street banks, remained bullish about digital assets.

Saylor’s decision was a good one.

In October 2020, bitcoin began to rise in real time. However, hedge fund managers old-fashioned and billionaires like Stanley Druckenmiller reacted quickly by buying bitcoin. Companies like Tesla, BlockSquare, formerly MassMutual and the insurer MassMutual followed their lead, investing thousands of millions of dollars in bitcoin.

It is vital that mainstream adoption takes place because cryptocurrency like bitcoin doesn’t come with a guarantee of security or backing from the government. Because people believe that they are valuable, they can be highly valued. It’s a big deal when Bitcoin gets bought-in by some of Wall Street’s biggest names.

You would invest 2% of your portfolio in MicroStrategy if you wish to be at least 2% exposed bitcoin.

Michael Saylor

MicroStrategy CEO

Saylor has been a top-tier figure in the bitcoin community thanks to his evangelism. Saylor was often accompanied by his entourage, who fought for selfies with him as they walked the Miami Beach Convention Center during the Bitcoin 2022 conference.

For advice on how to adopt corporate culture, blue-chip CEOs turn to MicroStrategy CEO

MicroStrategy has used company debt to purchase bitcoinSaylor took another step towards normalizing the bitcoin-backed financial system in March. borrowed $205 million using his bitcoin as collateral — to then buy more of the cryptocurrency.

We have collateral of $5 billion. We borrowed $200 millions. We borrowed $200 million. Saylor said that he was doing his best to help normalize bitcoin-backed lending and lead the charge. Marathon DigitalYou can also see it here took out a credit line with Silvergate Bank.

“As people realize they can borrow against something, then they realize they never have to sell it, and then they start to stretch their time horizon from — ‘It’s a 36-month speculation,’ to — ‘It’s a 36-year holding,'” Saylor told CNBC.