VMware, XPeng, Electronic Arts -Breaking
Investing.com — U.S. equities are gaining Monday with the trading over 2% higher. The following are the top midday mover for May 23, 2013.
- VMwareAfter reports from Broadcom (NASDAQ) that the company is interested in acquiring cloud computing and virtualization technology, (NYSE:), stock rose more than 20%. The potential acquisition of VMware would cost at least $50 billion.
- JPMorgan Chase & CoAfter raising its outlook on net interest income, JPMorgan said that it can achieve key performance targets this year and gave a more positive stance. (NYSE:) traded 7.4% higher than Friday’s closing. JPMorgan comments also helped other banks stocks.
- Deere & CompanyAfter Friday’s earnings report, which showed that it closed the session 5.5% higher (NYSE:), Deere stock is still rising. Deere shares are currently up 5.8% from Friday’s closing price after the earnings report and following revenue estimates.
- Chinese manufacturer of electric vehicles XPeng(NYSE:) fell more than 7 percent despite exceeding revenue and earnings estimates for the first quarter. XPeng shares dropped after investors were disappointed by its guidance.
- GameStop (NYSE:) has edged 0.25% higher on the back of its announcement of a digital wallet for cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
- Electronic Arts(NASDAQ: ) gained 2% following reports that the company is actively looking into merger and acquisition options. According to reports, there could be many suitors. Disney (NYSE:), Apple, (NASDAQ) and Amazon (NASDAQ).